After the customer pays for an order, you need to send the products of this order to the customer.
Your products may require electronic delivery or physical shipment.
Electronic delivery means that products are delivered to customers in a digital form, for example, as:
- Activation keys/codes
- Download links
- Informational emails
To fulfill an order, you can:
Self-reliant order fulfillment on your end
How it works:
- The customer executes a successful payment.
- You get to know about this event via webhooks notifying you of successful payments.
- Moreover, if the product exploits electronic delivery, but our automatic fulfillment tools are not enabled for it, the system sends you an email. It contains the information on the payment made and the license key request.
- You send the required license information in response to the email containing the license key request.
It can be a text or a file. The system automatically saves the license information and sends it to the customer (incl. attachments). The system also registers the order fulfillment event. The additional status of the order changes to Delivered. More details on emails containing license key requests.
If you send products to customers yourself, but not in response to the emails requesting keys, we do not receive any confirmation of order fulfillment. Thus, we are unable to assign the additional Delivered status to such orders. They remain having the following statuses: Paid and Not Delivered.
All the order data and the customer data that you may need to generate a license are contained in the webhook (customer). In addition, you can get order details using the Orders API and the ESupport portal designed to provide you with technical support.
How to use automatic product fulfillment
Automatic product fulfillment (automatic product sending) is only possible for the products that require electronic delivery via emails.
Our methods of automatic product fulfillment do not support sending of files. If you want to send files to your customers, you can place these files on your end and provide your customers with download links.
When sent automatically:
- After an order becomes paid, product license information is received automatically using one of the methods (see below).
- The received license information is sent to the customer.
- Moreover, the system saves this license information in the order. We may use the data to display this license information to the customer on the order page, or resend it if they contact our support team.
- The system changes the additional order status to Delivered. This status indicates order fulfillment.
Tools to receive and send license information:
- Request-based license generation on your end (automatic fulfillment via your web service) – after an order becomes paid, we transfer a request to the web service developed on your end; you generate a license and return it in response to the request; then we send the license to the customer. More details on order fulfillment via your web service.
- Automatic fulfillment via license pools – you provide us with a collection of licenses in advance; we store this collection on our end. After an order becomes paid, we send a license from this collection to the customer. You must replenish the collection of licenses on time. This is a legacy tool, as it requires you to manage your license inventory manually. However, you can use it, for example, while developing a different solution. More details on order fulfillment via license pools.
- Automatic fulfillment via informational emails – after an order becomes paid, the customer receives only an email (contains no individual licenses). You can use this option if, to fulfill an order, you need to send the same information to all the customers purchasing a particular product. E.g., you want to request some additional information necessary to complete the order; or to send the notification that the order is being processed and the customer may receive their license soon; or to send the customer the link for accessing their personal account created on your end. More details on order fulfillment via informational emails.