Automatic Fulfillment via Web Service (Request-Based License Generation on Your End)
If you generate electronic product licenses to be sent to customers, you can use the option to send licenses automatically.
Concurrently, you must have a web service developed on your end to return generated license information upon request from our end.
- License information must be in text format.
- If you generate license information as a file, you must save it on your end, and your web service must return a link leading to this file in response to a request.
How it works
- The customer executes a successful purchase.
- Your web service receives a request for license information for an order product.
The request may contain additional data about the order/product.
- Your web service generates a license based on the received data and responds to the request (synchronous interaction).
- Next, the following steps are executed with the license information obtained:
- Saved to the order.
We may use the data to display the license information to the customer on the order page, or resend it if the customer contacts our support team.
- Sent to the customer by email.
- Saved to the order.
Request settings for your web service
- Data transfer method:
- GET - parameters are transferred to your web service in the browser address bar as http://[your-web-service-endpoint-url]?=[param1_name]=[param1_value]&[param2_name]=[param2_value]...
- POST - parameters are transferred in the request body in JSON. Is it also possible to use FormData.
- Encoding: UTF-8 / windows-1251. When using JSON, only UTF-8 is supported.
- Request quantity. This is the quantity of the requests to be sent from our end when the customer orders several units of the same product:
- One request - regardless of the number of units of one product in an order.
- A separate request per unit of one product in an order.
- Block license information sending to customer. Use this option if you want your web service to only receive requests for license information; next, license information is sent from your end.
- Fatal error response text. It is a string in the response received from your web service. It means that no license information can be obtained from the web service using the data provided in the request from our end. In this case, our system does not resend any requests. The fatal error response message received from your web service is not sent to customers.
- Temporary error response text. It is a string in the response received from your web service. It means that the web service cannot provide a response to the request sent from our end temporarily. The request is re-executed in a while. The temporary error response message received from your web service is not sent to customers.
We can transfer the following data in a request:
- Order details:
- Order ID.
- Order creation date.
- Order payment date and time.
- Product details in an order:
- Product ID.
- Product ID on your end - you can provide any code that needs to be sent in a request for a specific product.
- Product name.
- Product unit quantity in an order.
- Product price (can be sent in order currency and in USD).
- Product subscription details - transferred if a product has AR or PMR subscriptions.
- Subscription ID.
- Product validity period.
- License information from a parent order (if stored on our end).
- License information from the last paid subscription order (if stored on our end).
- Customer data (last name, first name, country, telephone number, company name, taxpayer number, etc.).
- User data - the details of the user who is going to use a license (may differ from the customer data if your checkout page has the option to register licenses to other persons).
- Checkout page interface language code. You can use this value to generate license information in the language selected by the customer at checkout.
- Referrers stored in orders (the values can be transferred in buy links or when sending a request to the Dynamic Product Checkout API).
How to enable automatic sending
You have to contact our support team to set up automatic sending.
Please provide the following data in your request:
- The product list for which you want the option to be set up.
- The Endpoint URL of your web service that generates license information upon request from our end
- The web service settings that you want to be configured.
We can configure a separate setup per product if necessary.